Business Tax Advisory - Manager/SM (Hybrid)
£48000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
Finance & Accounting
MCS Group are delighted to be working with one of the world's most recognisable professional services firms to recruit a Manager and Senior Manager for their Business Tax Advisory team in Belfast. Few companies can offer the same client exposure and progression structure, so if you are an experienced, ambitious Tax professional, look no further. Our client's Belfast office has seen significant growth in recent years thanks to a large and varied client base ranging from listed multinational businesses to start-ups, owner-managed to private equity/venture-backed, covering various sectors. Joining the Business Tax Advisory team will offer you the opportunity to gain experience of the mid-market and enhance your skills working with national and international businesses.
As a business tax professional, you'll provide a full range of business tax advisory services. You'll be working alongside specialists on a day-to-day basis to broaden your experience of different business tax areas to help clients through the challenges of tax planning in the UK and internationally, and providing support on merger and acquisitions transactions both from a tax due diligence and a tax structuring point of view.
You will help clients with all business tax advisory matters, including corporate and shareholder reorganisations, corporate restructuring, corporate acquisitions and, disposals (with a particular focus on tax due diligence and tax structuring projects), refinancing, BEPS and international tax. This role will offer varied exposure with significant exposure to senior stakeholders, responsibility in key decisions and a more varied portfolio to help you develop your career.
Your key responsibilities
- Manage the successful delivery of business tax advisory services on tax advisory projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical/business-driven approach.
- Build and maintain relationships with tax clients and provide exceptional client service. A key expectation will be the production of high quality deliverables that demonstrate value has been provided to the client.
- Build relationships within the firm to support the identification of opportunities and provide deep specialist assistance to clients.
- A significant contribution to winning new work by proactively managing existing clients and targeting/building relationships in the business community to win projects on new clients.
- Responsible for providing coaching and support to more junior members of the team to support them on client and project work and through personal development.
As a manager you will also play a key role effectively managing the team both in terms of strategy and operations and also through managing & coaching less experienced members of the team supporting them through assignments and helping them develop their careers.
The Right Person
We are looking for tax professionals who excel at client relationships and who have the confidence and skills to win new work and clients. Business development skills are therefore a key requirement, in terms of being able to go out and meet new contacts, understand their business needs and determine how to add value to them by addressing those needs.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Experienced corporate tax manager with UK corporate tax experience.
- Experience of working on business tax advisory projects including business restructuring and reorganisation projects, tax due diligence and tax structuring projects for corporate acquisitions. A solid background in UK corporate tax compliance and experience of international tax matters is also preferable.
- Up to date knowledge of changes in the tax environment (BEPS, CBCR, etc).
- Proven track record for business development on existing clients and 'cold' targets.
Ideally, you'll also have
- Experience of managing and coaching others.
- Client focused and commercially aware.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly and build effective relationships at all levels.
- Excellent communicator both written and orally.
- Attention to detail with a commitment to high quality delivery.
- Ability to identify areas of risk, carry out an effective review and consult appropriately within the firm.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to deliver financial metrics.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and pragmatically.
What's In It For You?
Our client offers a highly competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Support is provided for flexible working and career development, and you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
What Do I Do Next?
To speak in confidence about this opportunity, please send an up-to-date CV via the link provided or contact Ben Cargin, Specialist Recruitment Consultant at MCS Group 028 9693 5513
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit the MCS Group website to view a wide variety of current and exclusive roles www.mcsgroup.jobs
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Not all agencies are the same - MCS Group are passionate about providing a first-class service to all our customers and have an independent rating of 4.9 stars on Google.