Business Development Manager (FM)
Sales & Marketing
MCS Group is currently working alongside a multi-award winning facilities management company with private and public sectors across NI & ROI, to recruit a Business Development Manager for their established and growing organisation.
Reporting directly to the Head of Core Services, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the performance of business development in line with the company vision. You will assume responsibility for the submissions compilation, development and implementation of the sales strategy, as well as the research and development of potential supply chain partnerships to support the company vision.
You will be joining an established organisation with an exciting 10 year vision, and the hear of this vision will be their people and their desire to create a positive impact in all that they do.
- To manage the pre-construction process, comprising of end to end Bid Management, Estimating, through to successful submission, overseen by Head of Core Services
- To analyse and review PQQ and tender documents and provide the relevant Management with an overview of these in respect of selection and appropriate fit with the regions(s) business plan and alignment with products and existing projects
- Ensure all bids are subject to correct adjudication and governance procedures e.g. bid: no bid criteria, sign offs, approvals and in line with best practise
- Scoping of industry frameworks, ensuring successful position on all relevant industry frameworks
- Devising a successful strategy for winning a bid, including pinpointing the unique selling points (key differentiators) of the organisation, in line with company's objectives and understanding the clients' specific requirements
- Direct the necessary research and analysis, including acquiring and collating appropriate target market data, to identify potential markets and customer leads
- Build and manage strategic partnerships with various key stakeholders to ensure the expansion of sales opportunities for the company's services and to inform future business development strategy
- Oversee the updating and maintenance of share point, dashboards sales pipeline forecasts with any new or pertinent data and ensure the database is regularly updated and maintained
- Initiate regular contact with customers to establish their level of satisfaction with the company's services, investigating and resolving any concerns to the satisfaction of the customer
- Preparation of monthly bid/sales reporting
- Oversee and manage the on boarding of sub-contractors and suppliers, ensuring they meet all prequalification requirement, following process from identification through to approved partner on our ASL Register
- Sourcing and identification of sub-contractors required to fulfill contract including negotiations
- Work closely with the Head of Core Services and wider Leadership team to formulate the short, medium, and long-term company strategies, integrate the business development and marketing strategies and ensure the company business plan operates to fruition
- Proven current Sales & Bid Management experience in a similar role within the construction/ Built Environment Industry
- A demonstrable record of working in a commercial environment, working on complex bids and contracts for a variety of customers
- Knowledge of pricing, payment methodologies, terms and conditions and other contractual documentation
- Good grasp of business strategy and a wide appreciation of general business issues beyond a strictly Commercial remit
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Ryan McMahon, Specialist Consultant on 02896 935 528.