Business Development Executive (Marketing)
Sales & Marketing
MCS Group is currently working alongside a leading global law firm, operating in over 30 countries to recruit a Business Development, Marketing and Communications Executive to join their Belfast based team.
You will contribute to the setting and achievement of the firm's business objectives, supporting partners and associates, building, and maintaining client relationships, winning new clients, increasing the visibility of the firm globally, & positioning the firm as the thought leader and most advanced law firm.
The Global Energy Transition has extensive expertise in energy transition industries, including standout transactions in the energy storage, carbon capture & storage and hydrogen spaces. This company act on cutting edge projects, and of higher value, in the emerging energy transition sectors than any other law firm. They are the leading lawyers in this sector today and this role will be integral to our ongoing success. We advise sellers and acquirers (on M&A transactions), project sponsors, corporates, financial/passive investors, suppliers, manufacturers, governments and debt funders (including banks, bond arrangers, ECAs, DFIs and multilaterals) on energy transactions globally.
- Strategy - work closely with the Head of BD to develop a comprehensive and actionable strategy to facilitate energy transition and hydrogen mandates.
- Proposals - leading in preparing proposals, pitch presentations and credentials statements for energy transition proposals. Capture proposal outcomes and prompt fee earns to act upon feedback.
- Systems/Processes - liaise with the wider group to manage internal marketing systems and tools, including tracking and reporting marketing budget spend, maintaining effective mailing lists, update intranet and internet pages and coordination the reporting of statistics. The role holder will have a key part to play in making suggestions to enhance the efficiency and operation of these tools.
- Directories and awards - lead in creating directory and award submissions to increase the market presence of the practice.
- BD Tactics - responsible for the timeliness, consistency and quality of BD tools. Work to ensure email distribution and target lists are kept up to date, maintain updated collateral, credentials, contact cards and CVs, and track and ensure deal information is regularly and accurately captured.
- Client events and hospitality - proactively identify appropriate client entertainment opportunities with fee earners and the CRM team. Challenge partners where appropriate on best use of hospitality opportunities and marketing budget spend. Track marketing spend against clients and individuals/teams within clients to ensure activities are aligned with overall strategic priorities.
- Internal communications - oversee the maintenance of a flow of market/client intelligence (e.g. pipeline deals, major players, market shares, key client contact moves and developments) to partners and associates.
- Campaign management - work with the BD and Communications team plus the partners. Senior associates and the PSL team to execute integrated business development campaigns, where appropriate. Plan roundtables and client seminars to raise awareness of our expertise in key product areas. Liaise with the Communications/PR team to develop stronger external profile
- Market and client research - to support business planning activities.
- Client account management - assist partners, associates and BD colleagues in the management of strategic client relationships and coordinate client targeting efforts across the sector Develop an in-depth knowledge of the key clients in the market. Ensure regular sharing of information on client activities across the product groups.
- Experience and/or understanding of the energy market with a focus on energy transition and hydrogen, and an enthusiasm to develop an in-depth understanding of the sectors capabilities, markets and competition.
- Relevant business development and marketing experience at an equivalent BD level within a professional service organisation or in the sector, notably marketing to a business audience and where the individual frequently worked directly with senior management.
- Significant experience leading the RFP process from cradle to grave
- Substantial relevant business development and marketing experience, likely to be within a professional or financial services organisation, notably marketing to a business audience and where the individual frequently worked directly with senior management.
- Substantial experience of development and executing business development strategies that have been delivered significant results against strategic goals.
- This role will require occasional global travel visiting offices for practice and sector reviews, business planning and client strategy meetings.
To speak in absolute confidence about this position please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Molly Stevenson, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group on 028 969 355 22.