Building Control Officer
£37000 - £40000 per annum
Construction & Built Environment
MCS Group is proud to be partnering with Causeway Coast and Glen to recruit a Building Control Officer for a temporary position.
The successful candidate will play a crucial role in ensuring the safety, accessibility, and sustainability of buildings within council area.
As a Building Control Officer, you will be responsible for the following:
- Building Regulations Compliance:
- Ensure the effective implementation and enforcement of The Building Regulations (NI) and The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) Regulations (NI).
- Validate and assess applications related to Building Regulations, including Full Plans, Building Notices, and Regularisation Applications.
- Statutory Duties:
- Assist in fulfilling Council's duties under the Disability Discrimination Act, ensuring accessibility in Council-controlled premises.
- Handle property certificate legal enquiries, dangerous structures, dilapidation's, street naming, and postal numbering.
- Technical Expertise:
- Provide professional and technical advice to internal and external stakeholders.
- Conduct site inspections, ensuring compliance with regulations and issuing completion certificates.
- Legal Compliance and Reporting:
- Investigate and report unauthorised building works, non-compliant site works, and assist in enforcement procedures and Court proceedings.
- Maintain confidentiality in all areas related to the work of the Council.
Education/Qualifications and Experience: Applicants must, at the closing date for receipt of applications, demonstrate on the application form, by providing personal and specific examples, that they possess:
- A degree, or equivalent qualification, in a construction-related discipline such as Architecture, Building, or Civil/Structural Engineering.
- Be a full corporate member of a professional body relevant to the building profession, e.g., Association of Building Engineers (Building Surveyors Section); Chartered Institute of Building; Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists; Institution of Civil Engineers; Institution of Structural Engineers; Royal Institute of British Architects; Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (Building Surveyors Section) or equivalent.
- A minimum of two years' relevant experience working in a building/construction discipline.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Ruairi McCann, Senior Consultant at MCS Group 028 9023 5456
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Not all agencies are the same…MCS Group are passionate about providing a first-class service to all our customers and have an independent review rating of 4.9 stars on Google.