Senior Bid Manager
Construction & Built Environment
MCS Group is currently working alongside a global technology organisation operating within the defence sector to recruit a Senior Bid Manager for their Belfast based operation.
Working alongside multiple key internal stakeholders, the purpose of this job is to be the person in charge of specific bid-management activities to ensure the successful delivery of a bid or a number of bids. It requires professional bid management capabilities to be applied - giving rigour to change control, commercial awareness and stakeholder management.
The role is required to bring structure, clarity and governance to the process and discipline relating to bid management activities. It requires the successful management of the relationship with internal and external key UK and international customers and the effective management of multi-disciplinary bid teams to deliver high quality business winning proposals.
A requirement of the role is to apply strong business acumen and to maximise the organisations position to secure new business.
- Bring structure, clarity and governance to the process and discipline relating to bid management activities
- Manage the preparation of prequalification response submissions to customers with the objective of securing an invitation to bid
- Participate in Bid Kick-Off meetings, providing bid management direction and engagement with the Bid Team
- Manage the creation of the bid deliverables and ensuring review and governance, leading to the creation of a high quality proposal
- Work effectively with Capture Leader to generate win themes that link customer needs with defined benefits of the business offering
- Ensure that cost estimates / target budgets are provided with support of Systems Engineering / Product Management
- Ensure that cost estimates are effectively reviewed to ensure competitive and winning pricing
- Ensure that effective Gate Business Cases are prepared for specific opportunities
- Support the Sales/Capture Lead in any customer negotiations and presentations
The role will also involve occasional ad-hoc duties that are not listed above but are necessary to respond to the needs of the business. These ad-hoc duties will be consistent with the nature of a management position within the business.
- A proven track record of delivering successful bids
- Working in a complex, multidisciplinary, multi-site organization
- Can demonstrate the ability to construct of solutions that meet the markets need both commercially and technically
- Full business lifecycle management, including capture, qualification and developing capture plans and winning strategies
- Extensive client and stakeholder management
- Comprehensive understanding of generic processes and techniques used to schedule bid management activities
- Comprehensive experience and understanding of the Bid Management process (including Change Control, Risk Management and Information Management)
- Comprehensive experience and knowledge of the bid life cycle
- Capture Experience of working across boundaries, including knowledge of commercial management, finance functions
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up-to-date CV via the link provided or contact Ryan McMahon, Specialist Consultant on 02896 935 528.