Bid & Proposals Writer
Sales & Marketing
MCS Group are currently working alongside a leading e-learning business to recruit a Bid & Proposals Writer.
Due to continued growth, the organisation are seeking this person to join their Client Services team to maximise sales against existing opportunities through the writing of compelling solution proposals and tender responses.
Reporting directly to the Bid Manager you will help support the sourcing and qualifying of tender opportunities - defining win themes and bid strategies and apply your writing skills and attention to detail to write persuasive, well-presented tender responses. You will also work closely with the wider Client Services team to produce compelling proposals and pre-sales materials.
- Reviewing tender alerts and assessing the suitability of tender opportunities for the business.
- Providing summary overviews of relevant tender opportunities to the Client Services team.
- Working collaboratively with the Bid Manager to schedule, plan and complete proposals and tenders against firm deadlines.
- Contributing to and assisting in the completion of attractive and compelling tender responses for public and private sector clients.
- Collaborating with the wider network of colleagues to gather the required inputs for the completion of proposals and tender responses.
- Communicating tender and proposal deadlines to other team members to manage their contributions to the response process.
- Monitoring and reporting on the status and outcomes of bids and proposals submitted by the Client Services team.
- Compiling high-quality solution proposals and pre-sales documents on the basis of detailed requirements briefs from Client Services colleagues and in line with proposal guidelines.
- Contributing creatively to the continuous improvement of our process and suggesting innovative ways to help explain solutions and expertise to prospective clients.
- Maintaining an accurate and current content library of bid materials.
- Excellent written communication skills (writing, editing and proofreading): ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrable experience of writing compelling and persuasive documents.
- Excellent attention to detail, including use of grammar, punctuation, spelling and vocabulary, and presentation of documents.
- Ability to demonstrate creativity and problem solving skills.
- High level of IT proficiency, including (desirable) Canva or similar design tools.
- Time management and organisation skills: ability to prioritise and meet firm deadlines.
- Positive and enthusiastic team player.
- Experience of working in IT/Digital Media/Education sector
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up-to-date CV via the link provided or contact Ryan McMahon, Specialist Consultant on 02896 935 528.