£23000.00 - £27000.00 per annum
Finance & Accounting
Assistant Accountant - Belfast
MCS Group are looking for an Assistant Accountant to join a leading retail company based in Belfast.
Our client is a leading retail company based in Belfast and have multiple sites across NI, ROI and Europe. They have a range of divisions within the business that provide an array of services and products to their customer base. Due to continued growth, now is a great time to join the company as they look to add a Assistant Accountant to their Belfast finance team.
This role will act as a support to the Company Owned Profitability Manager and Commercial Manager to drive the Company Owned business forward, as well providing value add support to financial and management reporting. Business partner with the sales team to support new & existing business;
- The investigation and understanding of stock loss variances across the Company Owned estate.
- The review, benchmarking and budgeting of gross margin.
- Reviewing fuel margin on a daily basis with stores to ensure the maximisation of profit.
- Assisting with key procurement projects.
- To contribute to the preparation of capital expenditure proposals for impending store refurbishments.
- Assisting with payroll benchmarking in conjunction with Operations.
- Maintaining a contracts database and using this to identify opportunities for savings.
- Reviewing spend on goods not for resale areas to identify lowest cost savings.
- Contribute to business cases for the refurbishment of existing stores, this will include reporting on their performance versus targets.
- Monthly review of electricity usage.
- Contribute to the development of reporting and financial assessment in the Company Owned estate that adds value and improves bottom line profit.
- Support on Commercial Efficiency Projects such as Electronic Labels and Fuel Management Software.
The successful Assistant Accountant will meet the following criteria:
- Part Qualified Accountant studying for a membership of a professional body e.g. ACA/ ACCA /CIMA
- Demonstrable evidence of preparing and presenting analysis to a high standard and to finance/non-finance people.
- Full driving licence and access to vehicle with insurance to cover business use.
As the successful Assistant Accountant, you will receive the following:
- Market leading remuneration package + extensive benefits;
- Flexible/hybrid working options;
- Study support;
- You will be joining a warm, friendly environment.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Ruth Cox, Senior Consultant at MCS Group 028 90490864
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
Not all agencies are the same…MCS Group are passionate about providing a first-class service to all our customers and have an independent review rating of 4.9 stars on Google.