£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
Finance & Accounting
MCS Group is delighted to be partnering with a manufacturing company based in Belfast to recruit for an Assistant Accountant on a full time, permament basis.
This role will give you the opportunity to be part of a close knit team working for a company that truly value the work you do.
To provide assistance to the Group Accountant and absence cover for other tasks within finance as necessary.
Specific Duties Include:
- Maintenance of key schedules such as fixed asset register, prepayments & accruals, intercompany accounts, and projects
- Maintenance of general ledger including transaction auditing, journal posting and expense coding.
- Assist in the monitoring of financial controls for the Group.
- Preparation of month end reconciliations.
- Assist with the timely production of monthly management accounts for all companies within the Group.
- Assist in the preparation of the Group's annual financial statements and annual audit
- Assist in the preparation of budgets, forecasts, and key performance indicators for the Group
- Maintenance of foreign exchange contracts and reconciliations
- Statutory reporting to governmental and regulatory bodies such as Department of Finance, Companies House and HMRC.
- Administration of Invest NI grants and R&D tax credit claims
- Administration of pension auto enrolment and annual reviews
- Assist with ad hoc investigations and reports, while ensuring that scheduled reports are produced and circulated in accordance with agreed deadlines.
- Support, guidance and absence cover for other departments within finance such as Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Invoicing and Payroll.
What You Need to Succeed?
- Accounts Technician/ Assistant Accountant level
- Competent in IT
- Good understanding of accountancy principles
What's in it for you?
- Competitive annual salary - £30,000-35,000
- Opportunity to develop skills & salary overtime
- 31 days holiday per year
- Private Health care
- Parking on site
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Ruth Cox, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group 028 90490864
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.