ASO - Chem Surveillance Stoney Road - Stormount
Science, Pharma & Food
MCS Group are delighted to bring an Assistant Scientific Officer role to the market for our client, Agri-Food Bio-science Institute.
As a Laboratory Analyst, you will play a crucial role in the reception, analysis, and detection of veterinary drug residues/contaminants in samples of animal origin or marine biotoxins in shellfish. This role will be based in Belfast.
- Receive and analyse samples of animal origin or shellfish for the presence of veterinary drug residues/contaminants or marine biotoxins.
- Perform sample extraction, clean up, and analysis using highly sensitive rapid screening assays.
- Utilise various techniques such as immunochemical assays, HPLC, or mass spectrometry in the analysis process.
- Assist in maintaining ISO17025 accreditation within the laboratory.
- Fulfill other general duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- GCE 'A' level passes (A to E) or equivalent in two separate subjects, with at least one in biology or chemistry.
- GCSE/GCE 'O' level grades A, B, or C in English and Math's.
- Preference will be given to candidates with laboratory experience gained either in a working environment or as part of higher education.
Skills and Attributes:
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in sample analysis.
- Proficiency in utilising laboratory equipment and techniques.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of ISO17025 accreditation standards is desirable.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Ruairi McCann, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group 028 9023 5456
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Not all agencies are the same…MCS Group are passionate about providing a first-class service to all our customers and have an independent review rating of 4.9 stars on Google.