MCS Group are delighted to have been tasked to hire a UI Engineer for a brand new team working on a greenfield project for TP ICAP in Belfast
TP ICAP have created a worldwide software centre right in the heart of Belfast which has been tasked to take ownership of their global suite of software. As part of this transformational work they are now hiring for a brand new team of engineers to assist them in their latest Greenfield project
What's interesting about this role?
- You will be working a fantastic suite of technologies on a fully greenfield project
- You will be one of the first hires for this brand new team in Belfast
- You will be instrumental in deciding how the application will be re-built and will provide your expert analysis on how the project should be approached and delivered
- You will be joining the team at a time of massive growth/change as they double their headcount and migrate to AWS
What do I need?
You will naturally be passionate about software development with a hunger to use your programming and scripting knowledge to assist your team to achieve its overall objectives. You will be comfortable in Agile teams and will demonstrate a combined approach to transparency and getting the job done
- Taking ownership of how the applications will be re-built with a willingness to gain exposure to Architecture and contribute to overall analysis for design
- An appetite for working in coherence with both internal and external customers
- Experience of working within an Agile Team
- Clear communication to both senior management and key stakeholders
- A constant desire to remain up to date with industry developments and emerging technologies
- Working with test architects to support testing strategies and introduction of TDD practices to drive higher quality code
- Participate in retrospectives on a regular basis alongside work with the Technical Development Manager to provide information on time and resource estimates
- Risk and issue management
- Degree or equivalent industry experience
- An understanding of web technologies, in particular http, web-services and RESTful APIs.
- Commercial experience developing SPA/Progressive web apps with React and Redux
- Understanding of authentication with tokens.
- Working with JSON documents and serialisation of data types
- .NET and C# with Microsoft Visual Studio
- Software testing with TDD techniques - unit and system testing
- Experience with Continuous integration and continuous deployment CI/CD
- Exposure to agile methodologies like Scrum or Kanban
- Willingness to learn new technologies with a view to innovate and improve products, services and development processes
- Experience working on Cloud Platforms
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Claire Grainger, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group 028 9023 5456
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs