A first line support engineer is needed by MCS Group to join a team at a company that is essential to the world economy. It's a fantastic chance for anyone with a stellar placement or 1-2 years of service desk experience, and it will expose you to a variety of cutting-edge technologies that can advance your career. You will be helping end users across several business areas.
* The main duty of the Service Desk Analyst is to make sure that all IT, Network, and Telephony problems and service requests are accurately and succinctly recorded and managed.
* Where appropriate, offer the right kind of technical assistance to resolve IT-related incidents and service requests right away.
* Log and update all IT Service Desk Incidents and Requests in the Service Now IT Service Management platform with the assistance of a team of Service Desk Analysts.
* Ensure that the SLA's established response and resolution time requirements are met.
* Learn about new products and services as needed, and record, retain, use, and communicate relevant product and service knowledge.
* Be familiar with and comprehend the Service Desk's processes and procedures as well as the SLA's content.
What Experience do you need?
* A general understanding of voice and communications infrastructure, networking, servers, and desktops.
* Windows 7 and 10 software
* Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, and Office 365 Administration
* BES / Microsoft Intune
* Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
* Expertise in widely used hardware and software.
* Certifications relevant to the sector may include Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or specific Microsoft
* University degree or Diploma in the field of Computer Science and /or minimum of 1 years of experience in a Service Desk / Help Desk role.
* Good experience of using best practice IT Service Management tools to log and manage user calls and provide first time resolution where practical. Experience of Service Now is preferred.
* Professional Qualifications: ITIL v3 foundation, Service Desk Institute SDA or equivalent ITSM qualification.
To speak in absolute confidence about these opportunities please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Stuart Kennedy, Specialist Recruitment Consultant at MCS Group +44(0) 28 9693 5515
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs mcsgroup.jobs