Big news!! ASOS is setting up a tech hub right here in Belfast and we are delighted that MCS Group are the exclusive talent partner for ASOS NI. We are seeking to connect with a Lead QA Engineer to join the ASOS tech revolution. ASOS invest huge amounts of money into cutting edge technology, trust us they operate on the bleeding edge.
After multiple conversations with various individuals across the tech business it was easy to identify this giant still retains their start up feel. Where else would you get direct access to the Microsoft product teams? They help shape the future of the Microsoft products proving their committed investment in cutting edge tech and their passion for never standing still. Whilst not everyone will know ASOS for their tech capabilities, technology is in their DNA.
In every conversation MCS Group have had across the ASOS business it is extremely clear people are at the core. Committed to diversity and inclusion, aiming for 50/50 gender parity in leadership roles by 2023 (65% of the company is currently female), right down to their Tech Develops sessions the last Friday of every month ASOS are committed to ensuring their people get the most out of their career. We could write so much more but unfortunately, we can't fit in all in, so apply and be sure to find out the rest of the ASOS story. Now is your time to become an ASOSer.
- Work with the Platform Lead, Principal and Lead Software Engineers to define QA Vision and test strategy to be adopted by ASOS.
- Provide technical and theoretical advice and guidance to our agile teams around test strategies for both manual and automated tests.
- Advising teams with regards to development standards, frameworks and guidance to maintain consistency throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Helping teams to maintain quality CI/CD practices that enable them to release with confidence.
- Providing technology leadership by sharing knowledge with others.
- Leading and mentoring other QA Engineers across the domain, as needed.
- Working with the Engineering Managers to define the objectives for QAs within the team.
- Support the wider QA community with initiatives to continuously improve testing and QA practices at ASOS.
- Recruiting awesome QAs into the platform.
- Supporting the team(s) in adopting new tools and practices.
- Being hands-on in delivering our technical goals using C# and Azure, working closely with the Solution Architect and Lead Software Engineers.
- Providing the teams with guidance and QA leadership.
- Ensuring the right test tooling and frameworks are in place to enable the teams to deliver against the business goals.
- Researching test approaches and methodologies and applying findings to ensure the Customer Profile & Identity platform is at the cutting edge of quality engineering.
The successful Lead QA Engineer will be able to demonstrate:
- You're experienced with coaching, mentoring and leading QAs.
- Develop custom training for specific QA gaps and needs.
- Engage broader stakeholders to facilitate quality.
- Experience in creating, articulating and helping implement architecturally driven test strategies to cover both functional and non-functional testing, utilising automation and manual testing where appropriate.
- Excellent understanding and practical experience of testing practices & principles e.g. TDD, BDD, ATDD, performance, security.
- Testing microservices architectures.
- Experience in championing and improving QA processes within agile teams, through collaboration and by being a key influencer.
- Experience in implementing processes that enable teams to achieve Continuous Deployment and release with confidence.
- Testing microservice architectures delivered using a combination of RESTful APIs and messaging.
- Strong background in testing BI, analytics, and data solutions, with an appreciation of some of the difficulties of working with large data volumes and data loading patterns (ETL, ELT, LETS) would be an advantage.
A highly competitive salary depending on experience alongside an excellent and highly attractive benefits package including: 12% bonus, £5500 as extra salary or benefits for the family, Pension Matching, Life Insurance, medical cover, holidays, further flexible benefits to personalise and excellent learning and development opportunities. Plus discounts!!
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please contact Heidi Robinson, Specialist Recruitment Consultant at MCS Group on 02896935511 or click apply below.