Big news!! ASOS is setting up a tech hub right here in Belfast and we are delighted that MCS Group are the exclusive talent partner for ASOS NI. We are seeking to connect with a Senior Devops/Platform Engineer to join the ASOS tech revolution. ASOS invest huge amounts of money into cutting edge technology, trust us they operate on the bleeding edge.
After multiple conversations with various individuals across the tech business it was easy to identify this giant still retains their start up feel. Where else would you get direct access to the Microsoft product teams? They help shape the future of the Microsoft products proving their committed investment in cutting edge tech and their passion for never standing still. Whilst not everyone will know ASOS for their tech capabilities, technology is in their DNA.
In every conversation MCS Group have had across the ASOS business it is extremely clear people are at the core. Committed to diversity and inclusion, aiming for 50/50 gender parity in leadership roles by 2023 (65% of the company is currently female), right down to their Tech Develops sessions the last Friday of every month ASOS are committed to ensuring their people get the most out of their career. We could write so much more but unfortunately, we can't fit in all in, so apply and be sure to find out the rest of the ASOS story. Now is your time to become an ASOSer.
- To support the set up all team environments, source structures etc., during project start up.
- To ensure that the teams design for deployment.
- To work with Principal Engineer and Lead Engineer on the adoption of new technologies into the estate, ensuring that these are shared with other areas, and that they align with ASOS standards etc.
- To ensure that any work applied to your teams is shared across peers to build up best practice.
- To support the team in identifying issues with code/deliverables.
- Orchestrating the end-to-end deployment process, ensuring that teams have considered all aspects of go live.
- Approving code deployment to 'restricted' environments for the team.
- Act as governance / competency for the team, ensuring they are adhering to standards but more importantly, actively driving your skill in to the teams through such techniques as pairing, brown bag sessions, and retrospectives.
- To champion and drive through non-functional requirements such as alerting and monitoring, security, and performance for the platform.
- To support your peers and contribute to the DevOps community.
The successful Senior Platform Engineer will be able to demonstrate some if not all the following:
- Previous significant experience with Continuous Integration tools such as Azure DevOps, TeamCity, Jenkins.
- Knowledge of and experience in applying Database lifecycle management (DLM) approaches.
- Relational and non-relational database technologies.
- Previous significant experience with Automated Deployment and Release Management tools such as Azure DevOps, Octopus Deploy, SQL Server Data Tools and DACPAC deployments.
- Automated Testing frameworks - SpecFlow, tSQLt, DBUnit.
- Working knowledge of the tools and practices available and appropriate to each phase of software delivery, such as TDD, BDD, Integration Testing, Performance Testing etc.
- Strong Infrastructure background.
- Good understanding of provisioning and configuration systems - DSC, ARM, Terraform.
- Good scripting skills e.g. PowerShell with Pester.
- Experience across the delivery lifecycle, an understanding of agile development practices, ideally having worked successfully with agile delivery teams.
- Understand the importance of a good team dynamic and be comfortable giving and receiving feedback, to help raise standards and continuously drive improvements.
- Experience with Azure Data Technologies: Azure Data Factory v2, Azure Data Lake, Azure Storage, Azure Databricks, Azure SQL Database.
- Agile/Scrum working experience.
A highly competitive salary depending on experience alongside an excellent and highly attractive benefits package including: 12% bonus, £5500 as extra salary or benefits for the family, Pension Matching, Life Insurance, medical cover, holidays, further flexible benefits to personalise and excellent learning and development opportunities. Plus discounts!!
To Speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please contact Sharon Riddell, Senior Recruitment Consultant at MCS Group or click apply below.