Big news!! ASOS is setting up a tech hub right here in Belfast and we are delighted that MCS Group are the exclusive talent partner for ASOS NI. We are seeking to connect with a Senior Data Engineer to join the ASOS tech revolution. ASOS invest huge amounts of money into cutting edge technology, trust us they operate on the bleeding edge.
After multiple conversations with various individuals across the tech business it was easy to identify this giant still retains their start up feel. Where else would you get direct access to the Microsoft product teams? They help shape the future of the Microsoft products proving their committed investment in cutting edge tech and their passion for never standing still. Whilst not everyone will know ASOS for their tech capabilities, technology is in their DNA.
In every conversation MCS Group have had across the ASOS business it is extremely clear people are at the core. Committed to diversity and inclusion, aiming for 50/50 gender parity in leadership roles by 2023 (65% of the company is currently female), right down to their Tech Develops sessions the last Friday of every month ASOS are committed to ensuring their people get the most out of their career. We could write so much more but unfortunately, we can't fit in all in, so apply and be sure to find out the rest of the ASOS story. Now is your time to become an ASOSer.
- Responsibility for the technical implementation of high quality, enterprise-grade solutions based on the Microsoft SQL and Data Platform.
- Work closely with the SA to ensure that designs are practical, workable and deliverable, and that the technical implementation and the architectural vision remain aligned, particularly in the case where changes are required on either side due to external influences or other constraints.
- Ensure that solutions are built to the highest standard, is built in a way that favours a simple and maintainable approach over a clever and complex one, is tested at every step on the path to production using the appropriate tools and practices, is deployable using automated tooling only, and is suitably instrumented to meet core operational and business monitoring needs.
- Demonstrate your passion for engineering by promoting good engineering practices within your team, including any associated disciplines and functional areas, such as QA, DBAs etc.
- Develop and foster strong relationships with Business stakeholders and Business Analysts to ensure that the software delivered by your team maps to the requirements of the business.
- Seek out and actively promote ideas and techniques in the community - both within ASOS and externally.
- Working with an agile, cross functional team taking responsibility for the engineering team deliverables and quality
- Keep up to date with emerging data technologies and industry trends with a view to bringing business value through early adoption.
- Encouraging and driving the use of CI/CD so that solutions are deployable through a transparent and repeatable automated pipeline.
The successful Senior Data Engineer will be able to demonstrate some if not all the following:
- Significant commercial experience in a Data Engineering role
- Knowledge of the Microsoft SQL and Data Platform including: Azure Synapse Analytics Azure Storage, Azure Data Lake, Azure Databricks. Azure Data Factory, Azure Functions
- Knowledge of Data warehouse, ETL, ELT, and LETS development and tools.
- Working knowledge of the test tools, frameworks and practices available and appropriate to each phase of software delivery, such as TDD, BDD, Integration Testing, Performance Testing etc CI, Continuous Delivery, Build Automation
- Power BI knowledge - Apps, Dashboards, DAX, Data Modelling
- Relational and non-relational database technologies
- Strong understanding of Big Data integration techniques
- Broad knowledge of CI/CD such as Azure DevOps
- Source control tools such as GIT
- Team development and mentoring skills
- Agile Development background (SCRUM and/ or KANBAN)
- Understanding of cloud and on-premise infrastructure concerns
A highly competitive salary depending on experience alongside an excellent and highly attractive benefits package including: 12% bonus, £5500 as extra salary or benefits for the family, Pension Matching, Life Insurance, medical cover, holidays, further flexible benefits to personalise and excellent learning and development opportunities. Plus discounts!!
To Speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please contact Sharon Riddell, Senior Recruitment Consultant at MCS Group, or click apply below.