MCS Group are proud to once again be working with TP ICAP as they seek to hire a QA Engineer for their expanding Global Software Development Hub Based in Belfast.
TP ICAP are the largest interdealer brokerage worldwide. Whilst they are a Fintech organisation their culture and values are more reminiscent of a software house and far from the strict corporate image historically associated with financial organisations.
TP ICAP are renowned in the market for their Honesty, integrity and excellence in the provision of their services to their clients. This level of respect is both for their clients and how they conduct themselves internally without bias. As an engineer within TP ICAP you will uphold these values and principles as a core piece of the overall cultural framework
Why work for TP ICAP?
- Proven career progression- Belfast is their Global Tech hub
- Varied project work on enterprise scale applications that will challenge you and help you develop your career
- Genuinely flexible work environment to accommodate the additional challenges we all have with adjusting to working from home and home schooling
- Opportunity to have autonomy and genuine ownership of the projects you are delivering upon
- Excellent remuneration package, insurances and training through certified providers
- A global name which provides stability and professional development
What Will I be doing?
- Design and execute automated tests.
- Engage in exploratory testing.
- Undertake manual testing as required to support the wider testing strategy.
- Work closely with the STEs (and under the guidance of TAs), to enable them to provide estimates.
- Help to identify the test cases and associated tasks for user stories and, or use cases as part of the planning phase of an iteration.
- Participate actively in the team.
- Work closely with developers to understand the impact of, and testing required to confirm changes.
- Write, capture, and execute test cases as part of user story completion (either manual or automated as appropriate)
- Drive the importance of quality throughout the entire SDLC.
- Be looking for, and recognise automation opportunities.
- Identify and raise risks and issues to STEs, Tas and TDM as applicable.
- Work with STEs to help triage and prioritise issues.
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis for production issues as needed.
- Communicate with STEs and the TDM on a regular basis.
- Effectively communicate within the team.
- Ensure automation code is well commented and constructed, and suitable for review.
What do I need?
- Degree or equivalent industry experience
- Enterprise system experience
- Experience of analysing user story acceptance criteria to build tests
- Experience of co-ordinating testing activities
- Relevant testing qualifications such as:
Experience and Knowledge:
- Experience of reporting on test execution progress and analysing findings
- Financial sector experience
- Experience working in Agile teams
- Automation tools and practises in use such as:
- BDD automation using such as:
- Cucumber-JVM, and
- Loadrunner and/or JMeter for performance testing
- UI automation using tools such as:
- Selenium webdriver
- Test Complete
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Peter Stevens, Customer Solutions Manager at MCS Group 028 9693 2666.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs or give us a call 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.