MCS Group are proud to be exclusively working with one of Northern Ireland's largest intermediary FinTech firms on their search for a Senior QA Engineer. This is the perfect role for an ambitious QA Engineer who is seeking to share how QA is done across a growing FinTech organisation. The role is one with lots of room for development and the company are seeking to build out their development centre giving exposure to lots of areas of the business.
This tech giant is known for Honesty, Integrity and Excellence in the provision of service to their clients. Above all else, they respect their clients and each other, without bias. Employees are expected to uphold the values and principles of their cultural framework in performance of their job duties.
The Senior Test Engineer (STE) will work within an agile team under the guidance of the Principal Test Engineers (PTEs), the Test Architects (TAs), and the Team Leader (TL). The STE will test complex financial systems built to enable the business of TP ICAP applications, ensuring the solutions are at the required quality to be released. The STE will:
- Design and execute coded and automated tests,
- Engage in exploratory testing, and
- Undertake manual testing as required to support the wider testing strategy
- Take responsibility for ensuring an appropriate level of test is accounted for during the lifecycle of any development work
- Build and develop their domain expertise around the systems under test
Testing, Quality, SDLC and Delivery:
- Work closely with the PTEs (and under the guidance of the TAs), to enable them to provide estimates
- Help to identify the test cases and associated tasks for user stories and, or use cases as part of the planning phase of an iteration
- Work closely with developers to understand the impact of, and testing required, to confirm changes to the system
- Write, capture, and execute test cases as part of user story completion (either manual or automated as appropriate) and support the TEs in this endeavour
- Drive the importance of quality throughout the entire SDLC
- Degree or equivalent industry experience
- Experience of testing large, complex systems
- Enterprise system experience
- Experience of analysing user story acceptance criteria to build tests
- Experience of co-ordinating testing activities across people and/or systems
- Experience of the full software development lifecycle in a technical role
- Knowledge of a general purpose scripting language (such as Python)
- Relevant testing qualifications such as:
- BCS Intermediate
Experience and Knowledge:
- Experience of reporting on test execution progress and analysing findings
- Experience of testing platforms and services across multiple teams
- Experience of mentoring colleagues and supporting colleague growth and advancement
- Experience of transitioning testing for applications and/or products from vendors or remote locations to local teams
- Experience working in Agile teams
- Experience of developing tests and test facilities using a general-purpose scripting language (such as Python)
- Exposure to automation tools and practises such as:
SpecFlow, Cucumber-JVM and Fitnesse.
- Exposure to UI automation using tools such as:
Selenium webdriver, Appium, WinAppDriver and MS UI Automation Framework.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours/working from home available
- 23 days annual leave plus 10 NI statutory days
- 8% pension contribution
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up-to-date CV via the link provided or contact Scott Agnew, IT Sourcer at MCS Group 028 9049 0863.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are! Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs or give us a call on 028 9023 5456.
*All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence*