MCS Group are delighted to partner once again with TP ICAP as they search for a Team Lead to join their rapidly expanding Belfast based team.
TP ICAP play a pivotal role in the world's financial markets, covering FX, Rates, Credit, Equities, Energy & Commodities. As a truly global company their clients include banks, insurance companies, pension and hedge funds, asset managers, energy producers and refiners, as well as risk and compliance managers and charities.
This is a fantastic opportunity for software development and software engineering professionals who are ready to enhance their career by having the opportunity to manage a multi-disciplinary technical delivery team.
The Team Leader (TL) will manage a multi-disciplinary technical delivery team under the guidance of a Technical Development Manager (TDM), and with the support of the Architects and Principal Engineers. The TL will be responsible for the day-to-day running of their team, and ensure they follow and effective SDLC that compliments their delivery pipeline obligations and supports evolution towards target state.
Planning, Prioritisation, SDLC and Delivery
- Participate in Roadmap Planning to identify delivery team Milestones and ensure clear and useful feedback to stakeholders and feed into wider programme initiatives.
- Facilitate and use team delivery metrics to assist with the estimation of milestone completion and feed this information into roadmap planning.
- Ensure up-stream deliverables (for example business cases and requirements) are completed to a consistent level of completeness and detail, to help achieve successful delivery.
- Help define project scope, goals and deliverables to support business and strategic initiatives.
- Utilise preferred planning and prioritisation tooling to capture and track deliveries, identify issues and help with roadmap and iteration planning and prioritisation.
- Ensure the team engages in a well defined SDLC that supports planning, prioritisation and delivery needs.
Communication and People Management
- Communicate to senior management and stakeholders on a regular basis by delivering progress reports.
- Set and continually manage project milestones with team members and other stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely, clear and concise manner.
- Communicate with governance streams to ensure adherence to and development of process, quality and architectural design.
- Create the necessary project reports for all the appropriate Programme Boards and Steering Groups.
- Participation in retrospectives.
- Lead the software team to deliver high quality and innovative software solutions.
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development.
Change, Risk and Issue Management
- Guide and support team to identify and escalate risks as appropriate.
- Ensure inter-project dependencies and projects risks are understood and managed.
- Guide and support team in implementation and adherence to Change Control principles.
- Degree or equivalent industry experience
- Enterprise system experience
- Leadership experience within a software delivery team
- Experience of the full software development lifecycle in a technical role.
- Project management qualification
- Experience of Managing Teams in an agile software delivery team.
- Experience of transitioning applications and/or products from vendors or remote locations to local teams.
- Experience of delivering platforms and services across multiple teams.
- Knowledge of Financial Markets, Systems and Over the Counter (OTC) products.
- Financial sector experience.
- Technical experience.
- Experience of using agile tooling to support team delivery.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Peter Stevens, Customer Solutions Manager at MCS Group 028 9693 2666.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs or give us a call 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.