HR Advisor - FMCG - Newtownabbey
MCS Group is thrilled to be partnering with one of NI's top 100 companies, who are wishing to appoint an experienced HR Advisor on a permanent basis. The company offers an excellent hybrid working policy with 2 days in the office and 3 days working from home.
As the HR Advisor you will be supporting the HR function in providing a comprehensive, professional and customer focused HR service to employees and managers on operational requirements and business plan objectives.
You will be a point of contact on all HR policy as well as this you will support and advise managers on a range of employee relations issues, of employment law and effective employment practice to ensure the Company meets its employment obligations.
You will be providing an HR service to a variety of functions such as retail stores, IT, facilities services, trading, logistics (warehouse & transport), finance, sales and marketing, property and print.
- Handling tribunal claims from start to finish
- Managing sickness absence monitoring for short-term and long-term absences
- Provide advice and guidance on disciplinary and grievance matters in line with company policy and legislative requirements
- To contribute to the promotion of equality opportunity with the Company and assist the HR manager with the implementation of relevant equality legislation
- Supporting the Talent Acquisition Specialist in recruitment & selection campaigns in terms of advertising, shortlisting, and attending interview panels.
- Coach and counsel line managers to be effective People Managers inspiring them with confidence to handle team employee relations matters.
- To contribute to the development and maintenance of effective people information via the HR systems and Microsoft Office applications
- To contribute to the development of effective employee communications. This will involve regularly seeking opportunities to communicate effectively to employees in addition to creating employee communications content.
The Successful Candidate
- 2 years generalist HR experience operating in an advisory capacity
- Trade union experience is desirable
- CIPD qualified or working towards
- Experience working within a multisite FMCG organisation or similar
- A proven track record of coaching and influencing line managers at all levels within an organisation.
- A clean valid driver's license
What's in it for you
- A competitive salary
- Working for a top 100 NI company
- Being part of an experienced team
- Hybrid Working
- Life Assurance
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please contact Simon Markey, HR Recruitment Specialist at MCS Group on 028 96 932667 or send an up-to-date CV via the link provided.
MCS Group - CIPD NI HR Awards Headline Sponsor 2022