MCS Group is excited to be partnering with a large public sector organisation, based in Belfast city centre, who are looking to recruit a new HR Officer to join their team on a temporary ongoing basis. You will be joining a leading, multi-site organisation, working as part of a developed HR team.
As the new HR Officer, you will play a key role in supporting the HR function across the organisation. You will assist in the operational delivery of a range of HR services including Employment Relations, Attendance Management, Recruitment & Selection, HR Policy & Industrial Relations, and Learning & Development.
Job duties include:
- The HR Officer will be a key member of the HR Centre of Excellence team reporting directly to the Senior Human Resources Officer.
- The HR Officer will assist in the operational delivery of the work of the HR Centre of Excellence in provision of HR services which are fully aligned to business needs.
- Will contribute to the organisations Journey to Excellence by positioning HR activity within an integrated framework of business, people and customer systems.
- The HR Officer will participate in regular reviews of HR services processes to ensure that the Centres of Excellence are delivering effectively and efficiently, and continuously improving.
- The HR Officer will work in partnership with customers and stakeholders to improve customer service.
- The HR Officer will participate in the development and delivery of training courses and associated materials in relation to HR policies, practices and procedures.
- The HR Officer will undertake miscellaneous investigations which may arise from time to time as identified by the Human Resources Manager.
- The HR Officer will assist in the identification, development and implementation of systems for the recording and reporting of people metrics.
- The HR Officer will, as required, participate in HR project working.
- Will participate in business improvement activities within the HR Centre of Excellence and will provide HR representation on business improvement and change programmes/projects within the wider organisation as required
- Will observe the principles of value-for-money, economy, efficiency and effectiveness in the delivery of HR services.
- The HR Officer will contribute to the management of the organisation HR and payroll processes
- Will champion the work of the company externally and the work of HR internally, and will deputise for HR colleagues as required.
- Will take on other duties which may arise from time to time as identified by the Senior Human Resources Officer.
The right fit
To apply for this opportunity, it is essential you have the following:
- Professional membership of CIPD at the closing date for receipt of application of application forms
- A foundation degree or qualification of equivalent or higher level in Human Resource Management
Candidates must have 2 year's relevant experience within the last 5 years as a practitioner in a HR operational or policy role. Relevant experience will be interpreted as experience as a practitioner in at least 2 of the following areas:
- Attendance Management
- Employment Relations
- Recruitment and Selection
- Industrial Relations
- Policy formulation
- Learning and Development
Some travel within Northern Ireland will be required for the above post; applicants should therefore have access to a form of transport which enables them to meet this requirement.
The HR Officer role will be offered with an attractive remunerations package, including a generous rate of pay and excellent holiday entitlement. You will gain experience working within a large HR team, providing a first class service across a multisite organisation.
If you are interested in applying for this vacancy, please follow the link provided. You can also get in touch with Simon Markey at MCS Group on for a confidential discussion.
MCS Group - Proud Headline Sponsor of CIPD NI HR Awards 2021