MCS Group is delighted to have been chosen to represent a well known Northern Irish employer, based in South Belfast area, as they look to recruit a Deputy Head of HR to join their HR team, initially on a 1 year contract basis to cover maternity leave. As the Deputy Head of HR, you will be joining a prestigious organisation, based in a first-class location.
The HR Manager position will be offered a 1 year contract, paid £37,272.
The post holder provides support to the Head of HR responsible for the day to day management of the HR function and team. This is a generalist role with responsibility for developing and adding value to the function to support the organisation in meeting its organisational goals and long term success.
The main duties of the post will be:
- Effectively support the Head of HR in leading, managing and motivating the HR team to ensure they deliver professional first line support for all areas of the organisation
- Prioritise and manage the day to day HR work programme across all services, including Employee Relations, Workforce Planning, Learning and Development, Equality and Diversity
- Provide specialist advice and guidance to managers and staff, and other stakeholders as may be required, with regard to interpretation and application of HR policies and procedures across the spectrum of HR issues.
- Engage in and promote positive channels of communications during negotiations, consultations and management of complex employee relations issues with stakeholders, including management, trade unions, external bodies and staff.
- Act as a HR lead on organisation wide work projects and teams, as assigned, for example review of terms and conditions, restructuring exercises.
- Ensure up to date and accurate statistics are maintained and that HR system is kept up to date at all times and produce regular reports as may be required.
- Contribute to the development of the Branch HR Plan, budget and risk register to ensure the effective and efficient management and development of the HR function.
- Lead in the management of responses to requests for information under Data Protection, Freedom of Information or other legislation.
- Assist in the development of the Learning and Development processes and function.
- Undertake all duties respecting confidentiality, sensitivity and duty of care at all times.
- Deputise for the Head of HR as may be required.
The successful candidate will possess the following
- Hold current Chartered membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development and have 1 years post qualification HR experience in the last 5 years operating at a Supervisory level* within a medium size organisation.
- Have 3 years HR experience in the last 5 years operating at a Supervisory level* within a medium size organisation (and be prepared to undertake appropriate training to attain CIPD within an agreed timescale).
- Have taken the lead at supervisory level* in at least two of the following:
- Managing recruitment and selection.
- Managing complex employee relations issues including management of grievances, disciplinary, performance, capability and equality issues.
- Managing complex attendance issues and processes.
- Reviewing and developing HR policies and procedures.
- Have a track record of delivering success in a complex organisation involving a diverse range of staff, using expert practical guidance whilst referencing Codes of Practice, policies and procedures, and best practice.
- Provide evidence of being personally committed to continuous improvement of HR services which are responsive, agile and respected.
- Having a working knowledge of current and impending employment legislation with experience of applying it positively to work place activities
- Evidence of effective verbal and written communication that influenced a major decision or achieved a significant negotiation using meaningful analysis of HR management information.
In addition applicants should be aware that after an eligibility sift, should it be necessary to shortlist candidates to go forward to interview, the following shortlisting criteria will be used in order:Knowledge and understanding of Fair Employment Monitoring including Article 55 Review and Section 75 reporting.Experience of developing effective and relevant HRMI.Experience of developing effective Learning and Development plans
Not all agencies are the same…MCS Group are passionate about providing a first-class service to all our customers and have an independent review rating of 4.9 stars on Google.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Ryan Calvert (Assoc. CIPD), HR Recruitment Specialist at MCS Group 028 9023 5456.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
MCS Group - Proud CIPD NI HR Awards Headline Sponsor 2020