MCS Group is delighted to have been chosen to partner with a leading Northern Irish institution, based in greater Belfast, as they look to recruit a HR Generalist to join their growing HR team. As the new HR Generalist, you will be joining an extremely prestigious organisation.
The HR Generalist opportunity will be offered as an initial temporary contract for a period of 6-9 months with the chance of extension, paying a highly competitive salary, ranging between £29,398 -£30,413.
Key duties and responsibilities of the job.
- Provide timely and accurate advice and guidance to managers and staff on a wide range of Human Resources policies and procedure, seeking advice from the HR Manager and Senior HR Manager as appropriate;
- Providing administrative support for disciplinary, grievance and Dignity at Work investigations and return to work interviews;
- Managing the attendance of staff in accordance with established Policy, including the management of referrals to Occupational Health and Welfare Support Services;
- Updating and maintaining data in relation to vacancy management, including the management of staff in post within agreed compliment;
- Drafting of monthly management information papers, to include staff in post and attendance management statistics;
- Liaise with a range of recruitment agencies regarding the placement of agency workers;
- Liaise with recruiting managers to arrange and facilitate the 'Getting On-board' program for new recruits;
- Collating and maintaining accurate Equal Opportunities information to facilitate statutory returns;
- Provide information to enable responses to Questions, Freedom of Information and Data Protection requests;
- Supporting the HR Manager in the maintenance of the integrated Payroll and Human Resources Management System, iTrent;
- Providing operational advice to staff on the various HR software packages; and
- Any other duties as reasonably required.
- Assist with the planning, organising and co-ordinating efficient and effective recruitment competitions;
- Provide timely and accurate advice and guidance to recruitment panels on the recruitment and selection procedures, seeking advice from the Recruitment Manager and Senior HR Manager as appropriate;
- Liaise with the advertising agency regarding the placement of recruitment advertisements;
- Liaise with the Communications Office regarding the placement of recruitment documentation on the external website;
- Liaise with external test providers;
- Arrange meetings for selection panels and HR Office and prepare recruitment documentation for meetings;
- Build application forms on the iTrent system and answer enquiries from applicants;
- Ensure the accuracy of all documentation and correspondence issued to applicants at each stage in the recruitment process;
- Ensure accuracy of all documentation issued to selection panels at each stage in the recruitment process;
- Arrange Planning Meetings and ensure that all necessary decisions and actions are completed and recorded;
- Following selection of the successful applicant(s), complete pre-appointment checks;
- Liaise with the recruiting manager to arrange on-boarding of new recruits; and
- Provide information to enable responses to Freedom of Information and Data Protection requests.
Applicants must have:
Applicants must have at least three years' experience of effectively…
- Providing management support in a Human Resources Office including accurate preparation of recruitment documents and dealing with Human Resources queries both verbally and in writing.
- Managing staff including prioritising, allocating and monitoring tasks to meet work objectives within deadlines.
- Working within the area of Managing Attendance, providing advice and guidance to line managers and staff in relation to policies and procedures - to include liaising with Occupational Health Services and other key external stakeholders.
- Using a Human Resources Management System to generate information and provide advice and guidance to line managers and staff in relation to system queries
- Proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) qualified.
What's on offer
The HR Generalist roles will be offered with a highly competitive salary, between £29,398 -£30,413, as well as 37 days holiday.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Ryan Calvert, HR Recruitment Specialist at MCS Group 028 9023 5456.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
MCS Group - Proud CIPD NI HR Awards Headline Sponsor 2020