HR Operations Manager - Belfast - Translink
MCS Group is delighted to be working with Translink, a leading public services organisation and one of Northern Irelands largest and most recognised employers, who wish to appointment a HR Operations Manager on a permanent basis for their Belfast site.
Reporting to the Chief HR and Corporate Services Officer, you will play a key leadership role in developing and implementing operational HR strategies and supporting the business to deliver Translink's strategic objectives. You will lead a team of HR Business Partners and Advisors supporting divisional heads across the organisation, fostering continuous improvement initiatives, playing a key role in enabling transformation programmes through the delivery of value-added HR solutions, and the development of our people to enable the delivery of Translink's strategic objectives.
You will also provide strategic business partnering support to the Director of Service Operations, which will include the responsibility for developing and progressing effective Trade Union interactions. The HR Operations Manager will also work in conjunctions with the Employee Relations Manager to lead and support the HR team, driving local union forums and creating effective working groups to support the delivery of business improvements.
The HR Operations Manager will proactively manage and support operational and cultural change initiatives to meet commercial objectives, developing and delivering significant improvement and change programmes in line with OD requirements. Continuous improvement is vital to the organisation, therefore is essential this is promoted with the Trade Unions and at all levels across the business.
- Act as a strategic advisor to the Director of Service Operations and Functional Heads, providing professional / specialist expertise and supporting operational priorities through focused HR solutions
- Lead the HR team and support the business in the provision of a collaborative ER climate that supports the strategic objectives
- Providing guidance, advice and challenge in order to support the delivery of Translink's strategy, values and leadership
- Participate in and/ or lead major reviews and transformation programmes
- Drive and enable the execution of the Company engagement and People Development strategies
- Advise on and contribute to the development of the strategic planning and operational decision making for Service Operations and its senior management teams
- Support the development and provision of a manpower strategy
- Develop and deliver improvements to working practices, continuous change and change programmes
- Proactively manage and support operational and cultural change programmes and initiatives as required in order to meet strategic objectives
- Influence improvement across the organisation, ensuring it is promoted with the Trade Unions and at all levels across the business
- Develop and deliver improvements to working practices, change programmes, in line with OD requirements
- Support the Divisional Heads to execute the effective implementation of the internal Communications strategy
- Influence participation in the Employee Engagement Survey across the organisation, provide support and guidance to drive effective action planning to address issues and improve employee engagement.
- Facilitate effective talent management, resourcing and capability development to ensure succession plans are in place and the business can deliver its strategic objectives
- Ensure that the learning and development agenda meets the current and future needs of the business and enables and supports robust succession planning
To apply for this incredible opportunity, it is essential you possess the following:
- Significant experience of strategic HR management including strategic learning and development
- A Degree or equivalent qualification. CIPD preferred
- Ability to influence and negotiate at a high level, in a complex, multi-disciplinary environment
- Strong leadership experience, with a proven track record of successfully leading teams
- Commercial awareness
- Significant experience in managing employee relations & projects in a unionised environment
- Capability of managing and delivering high level projects
The company is offering a generous salary and great benefits as well as an opportunity to further develop a great HR career.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please contact Ryan Calvert, HR Recruitment Specialist at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided.
MCS Group - CIPD NI Awards Headline Sponsor