MCS Group is delighted to be recruiting for a fully qualified Accounts Technician or Part Qualified Accountant on behalf of a key client in the Technology sector. 6 Months Minimum Contract. Hybrid Role.
My client is seeking either a qualified Accounts Technician (ATI) or Part Qualified ACCA/CAI.
Belfast City Centre location.
Good Potential for extension.
Reporting directly to the Finance Manager you will be:
- Purchase and Sales ledger - invoice entry on Sage, reconciliation of statements, supplier payments
- Bank - processing all bank transactions on Sage and monthly reconciliation. Processing, recording all transactions on Sage made by company credit cards which include multi-currency postings (only £ and €) and monthly reconciliation following statement receipt.
- General ledger and Cash Book - reconciliation of general ledger to trial balance, petty cash recording in Sage and reconciliation, and ad-hoc reporting.
- Credit control - when required making calls and sending emails/letters.
- Billing - reconciling costs received, issuing bills to customers and dealing with customer queries
- Inter-Company Billing
- Assisting with Management Accounts
- VAT and HMRC
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
- Minimum of 5 years experience
- Excellent and strong experience in Sage Line 50
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel and VLookup, Pivot Tables
- Processing high volume of transactions
- Bank Reconciliations
- Bring to Trial Balance and management Accounts
- Credit Control
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrate similar experience in a busy finance function
- Strong IT skills, particularly in Excel, and Sage Line 50
- Ability to work in a busy environment and use your own initiative - there is a high volume of both sales and purchase transactions
- Ability to multitask and prioritise
- Excellent communication skills / customer service skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Flexibility and willingness to be learning new tasks within the accounts department
Competitive salary on offer for the successful candidate & strong potential for extension.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Clare Simpson, Specialist Interim & Contract Finance Consultant at MCS Group 02896 935499
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence