MCS Group is delighted to assisting a key Public Sector client source a Temporary - Fulltime Income Supervisor - Level 5.
Reporting directly to the Deputy Income Manager you will be primary responsible for financial reconciliations, direct debit processing and lodgements
Direct Debit Scheme:Ensure the organisation is fully compliant with all statutory and mandatory requirements under the Direct Debit rules and guidelines laid out in the Direct Debit Guarantee scheme.Plan, manage and organise the day to day operation of Direct Debit processing within the Income section.Give clear direction and guidance to the Direct Debit unit in the operation of the Direct Debit Scheme to ensure that all rent accounts are updated and where appropriate adjusted in a timely manner.Ensure the appropriate records are maintained in order to check, authorise and allocate the receipt of monies received via the Direct Debit SchemeExtract and provide detailed statistical information in respect of Direct Debit transactions in order that unit costs may be calculated.
Reconciliations:Co-ordinate the timely completion of reconciliations for all accounts that the Income section is responsible for.Work closely with staff to help and assist query/problem resolution to ensure that monthly targets for reconciliations completion are achieved.
Bank Lodgements:Ensure that lodgements are prepared and made in line with the Financial Control Procedure.
General Management Duties:Represent the Finance division on internal committees, working groups and external groups as required.Manage unit staff and provide suitable arrangements for training, motivation, and discipline and performance assessment.Assist with ad hoc investigations and reports while ensuring that regular reports are produced and circulated in a timely manner.Assist sections management to ensure that appropriate risk management, business continuity, contingency and system security documentation is in place for relevant area of responsibility.Such other duties as may arise from time to time and are identified by the Deputy Income Manager.
Candidates must have:
- A Bachelor's degree plus 1 year's relevant experience
- B Tech Higher plus 2 years' relevant experience
- Exceptionally candidates not having the above level of qualification but who have 3 years' (one of which must be in the last 3 years) relevant experience may also be considered.
For the purposes of shortlisting, candidates must demonstrate their relevant experience, by providing specific examples with dates depending on their level of qualification, in all of the following areas:
- Experience working in a finance transaction environment, which must include experience undertaking financial reconciliations.
- Experience of using Microsoft Excel in the analysis and manipulation of data.
- Experience in the use of integrated financial systems, such as eFinancial, HMS, IMS and iWorld.
- Experience of working as part of a structured team with good interpersonal skills to interact with staff at all levels.
Competitive rate and flexible hours.
Belfast based role.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Clare Simpson, Specialist Interim & Contract Finance Consultant at MCS Group 028 9023 5456
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence