MCS Group is delighted to be recruiting an Assistant Accountant for our client based in Belfast City Centre on a full time, permanent basis.
Working within one of Northern Ireland's most prestigious buildings, you will be a valued member of a close-knit finance function reporting directly to the finance manager. Assisting with transactional duties as well as financial reporting and management accounts, you will be an experienced finance professional ready to drive your career forward with their internal training and development opportunities as well as their competitive salary and benefits package including 31 days annual leave.
Working hours: Monday - Friday, 09:00-17:00 on site with a degree of flexibility
Your New Job:
- Management accounts, including prepayments, general accruals and other relevant journal entries, for example, stock, prepaid hospitality, merchandising, sponsorship, deferred income and interest receivable.
- Preparation of analytical review, detailing explanation for variations against budget and prior year.
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, ensuring all supporting documentation is retained in the monthly management accounts file.
- Management of the intercompany accounts, including responsibility for monthly intercompany recharge invoices and payments.
- Management of the purchase and sales ledger, including reconciliation and posting of company credit card transactions, ensuring accuracy of recording and prompt payments and receipts.
- VAT returns
- Weekly payroll processing for 70 employees
What you need to succeed:
- IATI qualified or minimum part qualified accountant in a recognised accountancy body such as ACCA, CIMA, ICAI or ICAEW with at least two years' recent finance experience in a relevant finance environment.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with people both internally and externally.
- Good planning and organisational skills and ability to work to tight reporting deadlines.
- Ability to work on own initiative and within a team.
- Experience using Microsoft Navision
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Eve Turkington, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group 028 9023 5456
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.