MCS Group is delighted to be sourcing a Verifications Officer on behalf of a key client within the Public Sector. Immediate requirement.
Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the Governance Officer, the Verification Officer is responsible for managing, planning and providing an independent audit service for organisations funded by this organisation.
The post holder must ensure that there is a robust system of risk management, control and governance in place within each funded organisation.
The key elements that constitute the role of the Verification Officer are as follows:
- Ensure expenditure incurred is eligible, actual and consistent with the project concerned and monitor verification of expenditure against budgets.
- Complete verification forms, and produce verification reports as necessary, highlighting areas of non-compliance or potentially ineligible expenditure, detailing irregularities that will need reported to management for recovery action.
- Ensure that projects comply with descriptions given in grant applications; confirm compliance with contract conditions and verify grant funding has been used as specified in the Letter of Offer.
- Design and tailor the nature and the scope of verification work to address the size and nature of projects and uncover and address irregularities.
- Be responsible for undertaking financial control visits, verification of projects, ensuring management control systems operate satisfactorily.
- Regularly report to the Governance Officer on non-compliance and financial irregularities and provide 'best practice' recommendations for improvement in line with the Best Practice Guidelines.
- Contribute to the review of monitoring and evaluation of the funding schemes, policies and procedures, projects and programmes.
- Support the implementation of the organisation's policies in relation to its statutory compliance.
- Liaise with staff and a wide range of organisations and support the maintenance of positive client relationships.
- Organise and manage own workload to meet the changing priorities of the organisation.
- Ensure the safe storage of all financial records within the area of responsibility.
- Assist with Audits
6 month FTC with potential for extension.
Competitive salary & benefits on offer.
What do I do next?
If the above sounds like you, then get in touch with Clare Simpson at MCS Group to discuss in more detail or submit your CV via the link provided.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit the MCS website to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Not all agencies are the same…MCS Group are passionate about providing a first-class service to all our customers and have an independent review rating of 4.9 stars on Google.