MCS Group is delighted to be working with one of the top ranked, award winning Food Manufacturing companies in Northern Ireland. We are working in partnership to recruit for a Health and Safety Manager to cover a Maternity leave on their site in South Co. Down.
Are you a Health and Safety professional, looking for an amazing opportunity to build you career?
Want to be part of a company who puts their employees at the heart of everything they do?
- Maintain and improve health and safety standards throughout the site and all departments
- Develop staff engagement while maintaining and developing the health and safety culture for staff, ensuring that safety legislation is followed by all departments.
- Lead the site plan and implement, monitor and review protective and preventative measures
- You will be the main point of contact for all H&S matters and manage all contractors on site too.
- Develop and continually improve health and safety policy across all departments.
- Ensure that policies and practices are implemented effectively minimising operational losses, occupational health problems, and accidents.
- Ability to measure and identify key trends across a number of key areas - eg. accidents and near misses - and feed these back to senior management.
- Delivering health and safety training across the business
- Proven Experience in a Health and Safety role (ideally within food).
- Driver for continuous improvement within your role & the site Excellent Computer skills
- NEBOSH qualified, preferably diploma
- Display effective communication, listening, influencing and persuading skills at all levels.
- Ability to apply knowledge of Health and Safety/Environmental legislation
Due to the nature of this being a Maternity cover, I am keen to speak with candidates coming from strong Health and Safety Officer level roles.
Full details, including salary and excellent benefits package will be provided upon application.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Alan Montgomery, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group 02896 935 492
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.