MCS Group is currently recruiting for a Fire Safety Officer for the Northern Ireland Housing Executive. This role will be based in the Belfast area.
The Fire Safety Officer will be part of a team that the implements, monitors and reviews of the Executive's Fire Safety Policies, Processes and Procedures and ensures the NIHE is fully compliant with its statutory and regulatory undertakings that reduces any residual risk to its customers, employees, and third parties.
- Responsible to the Fire Safety Manager for Fire Safety Management in collaboration with other departments, professions and organisations (internally and externally) to ensure the delivery of a customer focused service.
- To assist in the compilation, implementation and operation of policies, procedures, protocols and guidance in relation to Fire Safety
- To fulfil the role of a competent person with sufficient training and experience or knowledge to undertake Fire Risk Assessments.
- Undertaking a range of comprehensive technical and management Fire Safety audits / inspections, produce reports to ensure organisational compliance with statutory requirements, issue appropriate Action Plans / reports and to positively promote best practice and ensure continual improvement in respect of Fire Safety throughout the organisation.
- To assist in managing and reviewing the compliance of Action Plans / reports, tests, certification, audit and analysis and provide performance reports based on performance based measures
The Candidate must have:
- A Degree or higher qualification in Architecture / Building Surveying and a minimum of 3 years post qualification experience.
- BTEC Higher Certificate / Diploma in a Technical Discipline with a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience
Knowledge and experience of Building Regulations Technical Book E and Fire Safety Engineering
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Ruairi McCann, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group 028 96935518
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Not all agencies are the same…MCS Group are passionate about providing a first-class service to all our customers and have an independent review rating of 4.9 stars on Google.