MCS Group is excited to continue their strong relationship with one of NI's largest public sector bodies, and one of the most sought after employers in NI, to bring to market a Project Engineer to join their growing Structures team.
You will ensure structures related projects (bridges, culverts, stations, sea defences, earthworks, retaining walls, signalling structures etc.) are delivered to industry best practice to meet user requirements and in so doing will assist in the review/approval of options, designs and construction proposals to ensure projects are delivered in compliance with current engineering standards, specifications and procedures.
- Act as the delegated point of contact within Structures for technical issues on assigned projects and assist in the management of design development and progression of design.
- Assist in the review/approval of project designs and specifications to ensure projects are delivered in compliance with current standards, formal specifications and procedures.
- Work collaboratively with consultants and contractors, and challenge where necessary, to ensure assigned projects are delivered to current industry quality, environmental and safety standards to meet the Structures department end user requirements.
- Represent Structures at project meetings from project inception through to handover.
- Assist the Senior Project Engineer in the review/approval of project documentation e.g. mandates, briefs, business cases etc on behalf of the Structures Department to ensure that no project scope creep occurs and that the benefits envisaged are delivered.
- Providing advice on construction issues to the project teams including input into buildability assessments, method statements etc.
- Degree, or equivalent, in Civil Engineering or relevant Construction related subject
- Minimum of 3 years' Design or Construction/Maintenance experience resulting in the successful delivery and implementation of projects and programmes of civil/structural works in the construction industry.
- Experience of both design and delivery gained in a number of different design and project management roles
Full details including industry leading salary and unrivalled benefits package will be discussed upon application.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Alan Montgomery, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group 028 96 935492
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Not all agencies are the same… MCS Group are passionate about providing a first-class service to all our customers and have an independent review rating of 4.9 stars on Google.