MCS Group are delighted to continue their relationship with one of NI's best known public bodies to bring to market a Project Manager role within their M&E division. The organisation are going through a major growth period as they prepare to undertake a number of exciting new projects based in NI.
Closing Date: August 5th 2020, 12pm
What does this role offer you?
- Job Security, by joining one of the largest and most secure organisations in Northern Ireland. In today's situation this is absolutely crucial.
- A very appealing benefits scheme on top of a competitive salary.
- A work life balance that you wont get anywhere else with only 37 hours per week and no travel outside of NI required.
- The opportunity to work towards gaining chartership.
The role involves:
- Managing a range projects from large scale complex works through to minor M&E Construction projects from inception to completion.
- Defining project requirements and preparing a project brief, working with internal and external shareholders to assist the statement of need.
- Liaise with statutory authorities officials to ensure consent approvals.
- Develop project budgets and manage through the project life.
- Develop project schedule and critical path.
- Develop procurement and contracts strategy and manage the procurement strategy and ensure compliance with CPD guidance.
- Carry out site inspections and prepare monthly progress reports on cost, quality, progress and health and safety.
- Manage the performance of project to ensure appropriate administration of the NEC ECC suite of contracts.
- Project KPI's including cost, quality, schedule, health and safety and sustainability.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- 3+ years experience managing M&E construction projects with a strong understanding of project management methodologies and documentation.
- A 3rd level degree or equivalent in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or a Building Services related subject.
- A strong understanding and experience of managing construction contracts.
- The ability to make decisions under pressure and anticipate potential issues.
- Experience of working in a complex multi-disciplinary building project and experience of managing NEC3 contracts is preferable.
For full details, including salary and the full excellent benefits package will be provided upon application.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Timothy McNeill, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group 028 9023 5456
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
Not all agencies are the same…MCS Group are passionate about providing a first-class service to all our customers and have an independent review rating of 4.9 stars on Google.