MCS Group is proud to be partnering with a leading pensions firm to recruit a Senior Pensions Administrator.
The successful candidate will have current experience in all aspects of Defined Benefits (DB) administration, including peer review, and you will ideally have experience of leading on client work.
This will be a 6 month FTC.
Working as part of the team to deliver a high-quality administration service within agreed timescales and to take responsibility for client service activities. You will be responsible for managing and maintaining the administration of the defined benefit schemes on behalf of the scheme trustees.
The range of pensions administration services include:
- Scheme administration
- Scam identification
- Payroll services
- Pension scheme accounting
- De-risking projects
- Technical consultancy
Other key responsibilities
- Able to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of pensions administration activities and can apply this knowledge to any scheme
- Previous pensions administration experience of Defined Benefit (DB) including leavers, retirements, deaths, transfers in, transfers out, monthly processing and investment, benefit statements, renewals and pension increases
- Acting as a key member of the pensions administration team, providing support to the assigned administration manager and where applicable, deputising for administration manager when absent.
- Day to day management of client relationships with trustees, scheme members and corporate clients, acting as first point of contact where applicable, taking a proactive stance to gain an extensive knowledge of their assigned client portfolio
Training, education & qualification
- Significant progression within a relevant pensions qualification e.g. CPC/QPA/DPC/RPC/APMI (or applicants deemed qualified by experience would be considered)
- Educated to a minimum of A Level or Degree or equivalent standard
- Ideally a minimum of three C grades or above at A Level or equivalent qualification.
- Strong Maths and English GCSE or equivalent qualification - minimum grade B
- Experience within a team lead or senior pension position
- Have achieved, or be willing to complete, professional qualifications through the Pensions Management Institute
- At least 3 years' relevant DB and DC experience
- IT proficient, in particular Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail is required in order to perform their duties both numerical and written
- Confident communicator, able to communicate effectively, professionally and concisely in writing, face to face and/or over the telephone
- Market leading base salary & package
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Brilliant working environment & culture
- Pension plan
- Life Assurance
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Lucy Spratt, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group 028 9693 5513
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs