MCS Group are delighted to be working exclusively with a leading financial institution who are seeking to recruit an Underwriting Manager for their successful mortgage team in Belfast.
My client is a leading local financial institution with a proud reputation for customer service excellence. Their purpose is to encourage local people to save and become homeowners, through our personal, caring & common-sense approach, essentially nurturing financial wellbeing for current and future generations. With a strong high street presence, their vision is to be the savings and mortgage provider of choice in Northern Ireland.
The Mortgage Underwriting Manager will be employed with the aim of supporting and delivering a high-quality service to the branch and broker network. With the opportunity to work flexibly within a hybrid arrangement, you will be responsible for ensuring underwriting standards are in accordance with the companies Lending and mortgage related policies, TMF principles, regulatory requirements and FCA responsible lending best practice. You will also assist with the management of the companies lending policies and the maintenance of a high-quality lending portfolio and oversee Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
Key Responsibilities of this role:
- Manage a mortgage underwriting team who will assess mortgage applications through various direct and online channels.
- Monitor and develop the underwriting team's skills and competency requirements.
- Understand underwriting processes across the department and branches and use resources efficiently and in line with the companies strategic objectives.
- Act in line with regulation and internal policies in dealings with internal teams, customers, intermediaries, solicitors and valuers.
- Utilise mortgage and underwriting technical expertise and decision-making ability to underwrite and resolve complex mortgage issues and provide a technical reference point for underwriting queries.
- Work with the senior management team and other departments within the company to understand and develop the mortgage and lending policies.
- Provide post offer support to staff, borrowers, brokers and solicitors, prior to completion of the mortgage.
- Assist with the provision of the companies online customer and broker support service.
- Support the production of mortgage business Management Information including new and existing mortgages/advice/underwriting/processing KPIs.
- Deal with complaints and mortgage data subject access requests.
- Manage our team of internal valuers, develop and monitor valuation KPIs, related MI and SLAs.
- Ensure that the teams solicitor panel and valuer's panel are maintained.
- Ensure Prevention of Financial Crime responsibilities are carried out in accordance with internal policies.
- Work with others to improve processes that enhance customer experience.
- CeMap qualified
- 4+ years' experience leading on lending decisions and demonstrating sound judgement and decision making within lending policy and risk appetite.
- Proven leadership and oversight ability.
- Detailed knowledge of lending policies and mortgage industry practice.
- Strong mortgage and underwriting technical expertise with proven ability to resolve complex queries and issues.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
What's on offer?
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discretionary KPI Bonus Scheme
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Group Income Protection
- Health cash plan
- Generous holidays
- Excellent training and volunteering opportunities
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence. I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest.
Please contact Matthew Woods, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group on 02896935514 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.