MCS Group are proud to be working with one of the worlds leading professional services organisations who are seeking to recruit numerous Financial Analyst within their Risk and Controls team in Belfast.
This role provides a real breadth and depth of experience and provides fantastic exposure to some of the most high profile financial services clients within the company, in the investment banking and asset & asset management sector.
Financial Analyst - Risk and Controls
With the company investing further in their Compliance Testing function you will be working in a growing team providing a range of services to a variety of clients across the UK and abroad.
The role typically involves the following:
- Conducting meetings with clients to obtain an understanding of the client's processes and controls, and documenting the outcomes from those meetings
- Contacting clients to obtain evidence regarding the operation of their processes and controls
- Assessing evidence received from clients to conclude on whether the processes and controls are working as intended
- Concluding upon the work performed and discussing and documenting the outcomes
This role provides a real breadth and depth of experience and provides fantastic exposure to some of the companies most high profile clients, in various sectors.
Our client is looking for self-motivated individuals of all skill levels and backgrounds who are keen to learn, develop, and succeed.
- A degree (or relevant experience)
- Previous experience in testing, risk, compliance, and/or external/internal audit functions, ideally in a finance or accounting environment
- Strong analytical skills with experience in problem solving and being able to implement and deliver solutions
- Willingness to expand technical knowledge in a broad range of client facing projects
- Ability to manage deadlines within multiple projects and demonstrate strong project management skills
- Proven ability to be a team player, while retaining an ability to work independently with little supervision
- Sound understanding of risk, control and compliance
- Previous experience ideally within either a risk, testing, compliance or audit function (previous experience of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOx) testing is particularly helpful)
- Coaching and mentoring
- Intermediate excel skills
- Language skills, particularly French and Spanish
- Competitive base salary
- 25 days holiday (option to increase)
- Potential discretionary bonus
- Top class training and development programs
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence. I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest.
Please contact Brad Mellor, Specialist Recruitment Consultant on 028 9693 5494 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.