HR Business Partner - Belfast - Public Services
MCS Group is delighted to be working with a leading public services organisation, one of Northern Irelands largest and most recognised employers, who wish to appointment a HR Business Partner on a permanent basis, to join their expanding HR team based in Belfast.
Reporting to the HR Operations Manager, the HR Business Partner will work within a small team, supporting Divisional Business Heads across the organisations, in line with the business strategy. The role will have a strong slant towards employee relations, responsible for developing and implementing operations HR and OD strategies across the business.
Key day to day duties will include leading and managing employee relations, within a heavily unionised business unit, implementing proactive value adding HR solutions. The successful HR Business Partner will monitor and reporting of day to day operations issues, providing appropriate advice and guidance that is in line with legislation. You will also be expected to work closely with a range of different stakeholders at various levels, in a collaborative way at all times.
Strategic Development and Business Partnering
- Advise on and contribute to the development of the strategic planning and operational decision making of the divisions' senior management teams, ensuring that the HR agenda is integral to all plans and strategies
- Translate specific business needs and HR goals and strategies into HR performance objectives
Review and agree changes to service level agreements and standards to support delivery of the divisions' goals, strategies and objectives
- Work extensively with Unions and business managers taking responsibility for consultations and negotiation in employee relations matters
- Manage employee relations in a positive and proactive manner, taking the lead professional advisory role
- Work in partnership with the business areas to fully understand the key business drivers and needs of current and future challenges
- Develop & manage relationships within the business and participate in appropriate formal consultation forum
HR Solutions Implementation
- Work in partnership with HR colleagues to ensure consistent, proactive HR support and activity is focused to deliver the overall business agenda
- Take responsibility for the preparation and HR Leadership of cases which may or may not lead to tribunal hearings, liaising as appropriate with business managers, employees and the Company's solicitors
- Manage and support operational and cultural change programmes and initiatives as required in order to meet the HR and corporate strategic objectives
- Develop and deliver improvements to working practices, continuous change and change programmes ensuring that the need for change and the delivery of change is promoted with the trade unions and at all levels within the business
- Proactively partner with senior management and the HR department in developing, initiating and negotiating change which complements strategic and business objectives.
The successful candidate
Suitable candidates will have a relevant degree, be CIPD qualified and have extensive experience working at HR Business Partner level, providing HR advice and guidance up to senior management level.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in a HR Business Partner or Employee Relations role to include providing HR advice and guidance up to a senior manager level
- Qualifications: Third level qualification & CIPD Membership
- A successful track record of management experience in Human Resources or Organisation Development within a large and complex organisation
- Significant experience in a unionized environment, of managing employee relations in a large and complex multi-site organisation
- Strong leadership/management with excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Project management with strong planning & organisational skills
- Excellent customer focus with experience of successful collaboration
The company is offering a generous salary and great benefits as well as an opportunity to further develop a great HR career.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please contact Ryan Calvert, HR Recruitment Specialist at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
MCS Group - CIPD NI Awards Headline Sponsor 2019