MCS Group is seeking a Lead Java Developer for one of NI's best technology employers. With a rich history in Belfast, the firm has seen some massive transformational change in recent times; manifesting in new teams, new technologies, new processes and exponential growth! The Technical Lead will join a growing team at the heart of this business - you'll get the opportunity to drive technical direction across DevOps, Cloud, strategy and modernisation. You'll enjoy one of the most flexible working environments in technology along with an attractive benefits package.
This is the perfect opportunity for a career minded Software Engineer who would rather open Eclipse than Outlook first thing in the morning. You'll work closely with Senior Management and be a true agent for positive change!
- Lead the technical direction across several key teams
- Be involved in strategic projects with a focus on looking after asset health
- Lead POC's (Proof of Concept) and technical directions of future solutions within the group
- Be involved in management level conversations around strategy and road mapping
- Be an agent for change in line - driven modernisation of the development "way of working"
- Mentor, coach and provide on-the-job training for other team members in relevant technologies and/or processes including the creation and improvement of training materials
- Create and improve technical processes within a technical leadership group
- Liaise with stakeholders to resolve technical challenges and build solutions
- Drive improvement and innovation across the business area
- You'll have a strong background in software development
- Ideally 3 years Java/J2EE experience in development and implementation of web based transactional applications using Core JAVA, LINUX, SOAP/HTTP/Web Services
- Knowledge of systems that support Continuous Integration (CI systems) - GitHub, Maven, Jenkins
- Object Oriented Programming and Design, UML, experience with Java design patterns
- Working knowledge of WAS - great benefit
- Architectural knowledge, ability to liaise efficiently with solution designers and application architecture to translate them effectively to the application system
- Experience in gathering requirements from Business Users and Management to decide on the technical solution whilst adhering to internal architecture and infrastructure and develop a design process
- Ability to work well with people at all levels, empowering collaboration globally
- Self-motivated and can work well under pressure
- Ability to Coach/mentor other tech resources globally
Negotiable (market leading) depending upon experience with a market leading benefits package which includes pension, bonus, healthcare.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please contact Chris Busby, Senior IT Consultant at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.